High School- Part-time 9th & 10th grade religion teacher
Submit your application to Sr. Rosario Perez, High School Principal
3rd grade teacher
Submit your application to Mr. Peña, Elementary Principal
- Supports the philosophy and mission of Catholic education and acts as a witness to Gospel values and the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and codes of conduct of the school, the diocese, and the State of Texas.
- Promotes the spiritual and academic welfare of all students.
- Prepares and administers high-quality, standards-based instruction.
- Uses various methodologies and levels of student questioning to engage students.
- Assesses student progress and provides effective and timely feedback.
- Provides homework that is necessary and relevant.
- Cooperates with staff related to students with learning differences to ensure the education of the whole student and equitable learning.
- Differentiates instruction and implements response to intervention practices, as necessary.
- Implements instructional technology effectively.
- Builds and maintains positive communication and rapport with colleagues, students, and families.
- Administers and manages the classroom and its organization; maintains discipline and control; and monitors student behavior and activities.
- Shares responsibilities for committees and co-curricular activities/duties.
- Attends meetings, services, and events as required by the principal.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to support the mission of the school, and acts as a witness to the Gospel values and teachings of the Catholic Church.
- For theology instructors, a candidate must be a practicing Catholic.
- Bachelor’s Degree (education or related/content field).
- Appropriation State certification/licensure is preferred, but an applicant’s willingness to undertake certification/additional coursework will be considered.
- Sensitivity to and appreciation of multicultural student populations and educational needs.
- Appropriate Content Knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work well with a team of professionals.
- Classroom experience preferred.
- Experience with online grade book and Google school applications preferred.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Successful professional reference check.
- Successful FBI and State BCI background checks.
- Successful completion of Virtus safe environment certification.
- Salary and benefits are contingent on experience and assignment with the school.
To apply, please email the following in a single file: application (below), cover letter stating the position sought, résumé (with detailed academic background), transcripts (unofficial copies are acceptable during the application process), and two professional references to:
Sr. Maria Angelica Omaña
220 Washington, El Paso, TX 79905