NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY/ NATIONAL JUNIOR HONOR SOCIETY
A national organization that recognizes outstanding students who excel in Scholarship, Service, Leadership, and Character.
In order to qualify for membership in the NHS/NJHS students must:
- Have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.25 for High School and a 90 or above average for Middle School; students with grades below “C” are not considered for membership.
- NHS is open to qualifying 10th, 11th, and 12th graders and NJHS is open to qualifying 7th and 8th-grade students.
- Students must have attended Father Yermo Schools for the equivalent of one semester.
- Students who are eligible scholastically shall receive a Student Activity Information Form and are asked to complete and submit the typed Student Survey by the deadline for further consideration. (Surveys are not applications and do not guarantee selection).
- Three evaluations of candidate’s performance in the areas of leadership, service, and character by the faculty.
- Students accepted into the National Honor Society and National Junior Honor Society are required to do annual community service as set forth by the chapter sponsor.
- Students must comply with all NHS and NJHS regulations to remain members.